Friday 18 August 2017

Wifey's S$20,000 Portfolio

Wifey recently got interested in investment for passive income too.

So one fine day she asked me to build up a dividend-paying portfolio for her with S$20,000 as the base capital.

The first thing I did was to look through my watch list for suitable stocks with dividend yield of at least 4%.

After identifying the stocks I waited for the opportune moment with comfortable price point to buy in for the long term.

After several weeks the first stock I bought is M1 at $1.86 pre-XD.

Weeks later, another opportunity arose. I bought Mapletree Logistics Trust at $1.185 when the price dipped.

Finally when the price fell yesterday, I bought Comfort Delgro at $2.18.

So as it stands wifey's portfolio now consists of the following:

M1 @ 4,000 shares (+ another 2,000 shares bought previously)
MLT @ 5,000 shares
CDG @ 3,000 shares

There are several more stocks in my watch list which will be added if the opportunity arises.

4 comments:

  1. You bought 3 lousy stocks for your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think nobody can be right 100% of the time in the market.

    For every stock in the market there is bound to have it's supporters and detractors.

    What's important is that the stock fits into your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks B.

      I do realise my thesis for stocks don't always follows the mainstream views.. Haha

      Delete