Wednesday 15 May 2019

Net Worth (A Quick Estimate)

Recently have seen some bloggers writing about their net worth. With some free time tonight I thought it would be interesting to do a quick estimate of my current net worth for curiosity sake too.

This is a back-of-the-envelope calculation so figures are not 100% accurate.

All figures are based on point of writing (14 May 2019 11.50 pm).

Insurance Cash Value: $105k
Investments: $93k
CPF: $157k
Cash 1: $43k
Cash 2: $140k
Property Value (50%): $250k
Watch: $8k
Housing Loan (50%): ($35k)
Car Loan: ($54k)

Net Worth: $707k

I have excluded the car related values such as PARF and COE rebate.

I bought my watch at $8k+ about 8 years back. Current price for the same watch is around $11k. I have used the purchased price for my net worth calculations.

I guess I am not doing too badly but not great too.

Good news is that I can pay off my housing and car loans anytime.

Not so good news is that I am still a far cry from my retirement plan.

Work hard JASS. Work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment