Friday 29 January 2021

Jan 2021 Update

Jan 2021

Portfolio Value after market close

S$151,639.60

Purchase

None

Sold

None

Dividends
 
Singtel @ $408

Short-Term Transactions

BB, GME, PLTR, SOL, NOK, AMC, NAKD

Summary

04 Jan 2021 STI Open: 2,858.90
29 Jan 2021 STI Close: 2,902.52
 
STI closed above its opening this month but I don't feel particularly bullish about our local market. 
 
Nevertheless a pullback is always welcomed for opportunities to add. 

I also entered the US market this month which 'partially' fulfilled one of my aims mentioned earlier this year.

Why 'partially'? 

Because this is driven in a large part by the Wallstreetbets (WSB) euphoria. 

I have to admit I am gambling more than investing. No due diligence was made when I placed the trades. I was merely riding on the momentum created by the WSB crowd and betting on the anticipated short squeeze.

This is the reason why I am only betting a small percentage of my portfolio and the wonderful millions of profits shown on Reddit is unlikely to occur in my case.

In a way I find myself enjoying the process more than the profits. 

Enjoy while it last.

And by the way, to the trading houses that stop retailers from trading GME and AMC last night, hope you get your retribution soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment