Sunday 14 May 2017

Lessons from The Big Short

Some time ago I finally watched the movie 'The Big Short' which was about the subprime mortgage crisis that eventually led to the global financial crisis of 2007.

Though the subject is a heavy one which includes stuff like CDOs and such, the movie has comedy incorporated into the plot which I find it laudable.

I would recommend this movie to anyone.

Apart from the entertainment associated from watching a movie, I also derived some lessons from the movie which I felt are applicable to many successful persons around us as well:

1) The guys who got the windfall in the end are rich originally.

2) They have a 'gui ren' to help them (Brad Pitt helping the two guys). 
And this leads to another important point which is the power of Networking.

3) They have luck on their side (the wrong phone call to Mike Baum).

4) They did their homework and stick to their findings.

5) They remain steadfast in their belief even when the whole world goes against them.

Well, personally I feel these are useful guide lines for my investment journey and career. Especially points 2, 4 and 5.

Hope they can serve as a reminder to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment