Friday 31 July 2020

July 2020 Updates

July 2020

Portfolio Value after market close

S$134,883.65

Wifey's Portfolio Value after market close

S$92,493.65

Purchase

3,500 shares of CapitaLand Commercial Trust (CCT) @$1.63

Sold

None

Dividends

Nil

Short-Term Transactions

None

Summary

Local market is a sea of red on the last trading day of July.

Portfolio value increased slightly with the addition of another 3,500 shares of CCT, bringing my holdings to 7,500 shares.

CapitaLand Commercial Trust

I have been looking to make this addition ever since the planned merger between CapitaLand Commercial Trust and CapitaLand Mall Trust is announced. Main reason for this is to avoid odd lots for the new entity - CapitaLand Integrated Commercial Trust (CICT).

If the merger does indeed goes through, my holdings in CICT will be 5,400 shares. A sizing that I am comfortable with.

With this purchase, my average cost has gone up to $1.50.

I had an initial targeted entry price of $1.68 which is quite a strong support level. So when the price broke the support yesterday morning due to a combination of the wider market factors and the ex-dividend, I decided to monitor more closely and eventually went in at $1.63 just before lunch.

As usual, I didn't managed to get the bottom price but I feel it's ok since this is meant for my long term income portfolio.

If dividend reverts to pre-Covid levels, yield will easily surpass 5% against this purchased price. And yield against my average cost will represent 6%.

DBS, OCBC & UOB

Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has called for our 3 local banks to cap their FY20 dividend per share (DPS) to 60% of FY19 levels.

This is a bomb shell especially to those aunty and uncle investors who depend on dividends for income.

This news caused the share price of the 3 banks to tank on the following day as expected. In particular, I am hoping for the share price of DBS and OCBC to drop to sub $17 and $8 respectively which are the levels for my next purchase.

Unfortunately this did not materialise. Will continue to monitor. I am in no hurry to add.

On the other hand instead of meddling with the banks' dividend policy, why don't the government propose to cap the millionaire ministers' salary to 60% of 2019 levels?

Oh wait, PM Lee has already said the high salaries are needed to ensure incorruptibility.

I always thought a person's integrity has to do with a proper upbringing and his inherent character, not how much he is given in the first place.

Apparently somebody thinks otherwise.

SingTel

Bharti Airtel seems to be a bottomless sinkhole for SingTel.

Just when the spectrum charge is finally settled, another news came that SingTel is liable for another S$911 million exceptional charge based on their stake in Airtel.

I will be paying attention to the coming results and ex-dividend date.

In my opinion, SingTel should really take a closer look at Airtel's accounts or just sell away their stake.

Whether the issue lies with Airtel or the Indian government, this partnership with the Indians doesn't seems like a bright spot for SingTel.

No comments:

Post a Comment