Tuesday 14 July 2020

Net Worth 2020: A Quick Estimate

Around this time last year, I did a quick estimate of my net worth just for fun and curiosity sake. Although it didn't paint a 100% accurate picture of my wealth (or the lack of it), it is still fairly accurate.

So this year I am going to do a quick assessment again. I have actually wanted to do it several days back but I didn't have time to log in to write this post until now.

I might do this on an annual basis since I find it quite motivating to me at least.

Again, this is a back-of-the-envelope calculation.

All figures are based on point of writing (14 July 2020 5.20 pm).

Insurance Cash Value: $105k
Investments: $131k
CPF: $178k
Singlife: $10k
Cash 1: $15k
Cash 2: $140k
Property Value (50%): $250k
Watch: $8k
Housing Loan (50%): ($25k)
Car Loan: ($52k)
CC Bill: ($1k)

Net Worth: $759k

I have excluded the car related values such as PARF and COE rebate.

I bought my watch at $8k+ about 9 years back. Current price for the same watch is around $11k. I have used the purchased price for my net worth calculations.

I guess I am not doing too badly. At least the figure is higher than last year and I'm glad it's not in negative territory.

Still can't retire yet. Work hard JASS. Work hard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    As long as the networth keeps increasing (regardless of the amount), it's in the right direction.

    WTK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're holding on to too much cash, it can be better utilized.

    ReplyDelete