Sunday 1 August 2021

July 2021 Updates

July 2021
 
Local Portfolio Value after market close (excluding USD and HKD)

S$146,878.60

Purchase
 
200 shares of Didi Global @ average $9.925

1 free share of Sundial Growers from moomoo's Father's day contest

2 free shares of Blackberry from two other moomoo's contests

Sold

None

Dividends
 
None

Short-Term Transactions

2 x AMC Put 210716 40 with $1.44 premium. Closed out early at $5.21.
1 x NIO Put 210730 40 with $0.30 premium. Closed out early at $0.16.
2 x expired TDOC Put 210730 141 with $1.94 premium
1 x DIDI Put 210723 9.5 with $0.06 premium. Took assignment.
2 x expired DIDI Covered Call 210730 11 with $0.07 premium

Summary

01 July 2021 STI Open: 3,124.19
30 July 2021 STI Close: 3,166.94
 
STI managed to nip the bud and closed above its monthly opening after it has closed below its monthly opening for two consecutive months.
 
However it seems that the index is still range bound between a narrow band of 3,100 - 3,200. It will be good if it can break out from the resistance level of 3,250. Meanwhile there are still individual counters for possible long term investment entry.
 
 
For my SGD portfolio, there is a gain of around S$4K due to the run up in share price of the Reits and banks.
 
No transactions were done. 

Looking forward to the next round of dividends coming next month.

Finally MAS has announced the lifting of restrictions in the dividend payout of our local banks.

I'm not surprised by this news but I am surprised by the timing of it because it was only last month that they gave an indication on this.
 
I must say they acted pretty fast which of course, I am not going to complain about.

This news has likely been priced in since the share price of the 3 local banks did not really rally after the announcement.

However I'm more looking forward to the reinstatement of the dividend payouts to pre-Covid levels which will be a boost to my passive income.

ESR Reit has announced another round of preferential offering. I will likely be subscribing but whether to opt for more, I am still undecided.

Was looking to grab some CLCT at around $1.33 but didn't managed to do so. Its share price moved up to $1.40 after it announced a good set of results.

Either way I am happy. Chances always come back.

For my Syfe Core Growth portfolio, I am seeing a lower TWR which should be a result of the share price plunge of the chinese stocks. However it would be more meaningful to see the returns and review the portfolio when it turns one.
 
Have DCAed into this portfolio couple of days ago and plans to continue this strategy every month end.

For my USD portfolio, I added 200 shares of Didi Global (DIDI) at an average price of $9.925 for this month.
 
100 shares were bought from the market at $10.35. The other 100 shares were assignment from a put that I wrote.

I also received free shares of SNDL and BB, won from some contests in moomoo.
 
I really like the fact that there are frequent questionnaires, quizzes and contests in moomoo that one can participate to win points and free shares which to be honest, are quite easy to get.

If you still haven't sign up with moomoo, here's my referral link if you wish to do so.
 
You can check out the other sign up goodies here too.

By the way they are currently running a quiz where cash coupons can be won. The quiz questions are quite easy and for each correct answer you gave, you get a chance to draw from a gachapon machine.

It's quite fun and so far I have accumulated S$7. Hopefully I can get the S$88 or S$1,888 on the next rounds.
 
This month's options trading is a mixed bag of results for me.
 
After collecting ~S$900 worth of premiums last month, I made a loss of S$481.99 this month mainly due to the 2 AMC Puts which I decided to close early as I did not want to take assignment for now since I already have some existing shares bought in January this year.

I did took assignment for the DIDI Put that I wrote at 9.5 strike price as this counter is one which I have been eyeing but didn't buy when it got listed earlier this month. 
 
Reason is because I felt more margin of safety is necessary for this counter due to its fundamentals and the manner in which it rushed through its IPO despite concerns from the chinese authorities.
 
My personal take is that it was facing pressure from the cornerstone investors to list fast for profit-taking reasons. 

As it turned out, the backlash from the authorities came fast and furious. I'm glad I opted for the increased MoS.
 
Other than these, the other options are profitable ones. The 2 x TDOC Puts expired with decent total premium of US$388 (~S$525).

Moving forward I will continue to use options as part of my tools to supplement my investable income.

For my Cryptos, I have 2.000 BAT from the Brave Rewards worth USD 1.27 currently 😊. Well at least that is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment